Careers and Internships
traveling videographer and content creator
PLAN is seeking a creative storyteller who would be responsible for creating and coordinating compelling social media content, with a focus on visual storytelling, videography, social media strategy, and production of engaging copy. Over the course of this position, said person will also work closely with the team’s Graphic Designer to produce and help guide the production of visual assets, including graphics.
Social / Video Skills
- Event / Social / Videography
- Video editing & production
- Event / Documentary Photography
- Interview Skills
- Proficiency in:
- Instagram (incl Live, TV and Story features)
- Blog / Vlog management
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Project ownership from beginning to end
- A passion and a demonstrated understanding of intersectionality and social, environmental, gender, and economic justice
- Willing to approach strangers to conduct interviews, collect personal statements/quotes, etc
- Strong personal and team task management skills, including effectively communicating timelines and needs
- Manage many moving parts while communicating timelines and deadlines to the Creative Director
- Ability to keep a clear head and remain flexible in times of high stress and changing situations
- Willingness to adapt to irregular work schedule & environments (read: you will be on the road! Do you get car sick? Can you work at night sometimes? Are you comfortable driving?)
- Excellent taste in music and a love of road flowers
- Impressive wit and an open mind
How to apply: Individuals interested in this position should send a cover letter, resume, examples of storytelling work and/or a portfolio to Pope@postlandfill.org.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
- Hours Per Week: Full-Time 40 hours/week (flexible) with some night-time/weekend activities. While traveling on tour, some weekend travel will be required.
- Compensation: $2,000 / month stipend – Total of $9,000 for full project period. While traveling on tour, all transportation and accommodation expenses are covered by the organization, and an additional travel stipend of $20/day will be provided for daily expenses during travel days. Additional benefits are available.
- Start/End Dates of Contract: Monday, Jan 21 – Fri. May 31, 2019
- Location: Flexible. Position can start anywhere, and office spaces are available in Philadelphia, PA, Dover, NH, Boulder, CO, and Columbia, SC. Position requires joining a national tour and living on the road for about 10 – 12 weeks in January, February, March, and April.
- Eligibility: This position is intended for a person with videography and photography skills who is interested in storytelling and curating social content for our annual Spring tour.