Foster a Culture of Reuse on Your Campus!
As the student-led zero waste movement gains momentum across the nation, the Post-Landfill Action Network is working hard to ensure that students have access to the tools and information they need to make lasting change on their campuses. To do this, we work with industry innovators, campus leaders and other non-profit activists in building best-practice resources.
To foster the power of reuse and the sharing economy, PLAN guides you step-by-step through setting up a student-run reuse store on your campus. Whether it is a space to swap old stationary, or accumulate a profit for a self-sustaining program, we cover all of the essentials, including:
- Finding and securing a space for your store
- Managing donations, storage, and customer service
- Organizing and prepping donations for store-front setup
- Bookkeeping and record tracking of profits, inventory, and diversion rates
For each component of your store, we cover general project advice for volunteer recruitment, smooth leadership turnover, working with administration, and facilitating collaboration across campus. To access this resource, look in your campus’s PLAN member folder, or connect with our Campus Coordinators to find out how to make your campus a part of the network!
To access this resource, look in your campus’s PLAN member folder, or contact our Campus Coordinators with the form below to make your campus a part of the network!
Become a Member!
Access one-on-one advising, all of the benefits listed here, and other manuals on the following topics:
- Move-Out Programs
- Waste Audits
- Food Recovery and Composting
- Plastic-Free Campuses (This one is publicly accessible – take a look!)
- Hard-to-Recycle Materials
Contact us with the form below!