Digital Campus Resources
Most of our resources only available to members. If your school is a member campus, download the manuals from the Member Hub. If not, connect with a Campus Coordinator to find out how to make your school a part of the network!
Educational Content and Resource Guide
PLAN Members can access the Program Case Library and Education Content and Resource Guide on the Member Hub. If you are not a PLAN member, you can request access using the form below.
Campus Composting Manual
- Mapping the campus-wide flow of compostable materials
- Choosing the appropriate compost infrastructure for your campus
- Designing a system that is user-friendly
- Advocating for composting beyond campus
Creative Reuse on Campus
- Intentional procurement across campus
- Skills-sharing and strategic exchange between departments
- Forming and maintaining partnerships between campus and community
- Leveraging existing initiatives for creative reuse opportunities
Expanded Recycling Manual
- Expanded recycler facility types and certifications
- Material classifications, collection and disposal methods for e-waste, carpets, cosmetics and more
- Institutionalizing expanded recycling operations through company and other partnership opportunities
- Education and outreach for campus involvement in collection drives and responsible disposal
Flow Don’t Throw
- Understanding the context of the menstrual equity movement
- Building a team to manage your project
- Securing support and finding funding on campus
- Distribution models for equitable access to reusable menstrual products
Food Recovery Manual
- Simple changes for source reduction of food waste
- Organized efforts for salvaging pre- and post-consumer food scraps for redistribution
- Secondary uses for salvaged food, including animal feed and industrial uses
- Guidance for navigating a compost system that best suits your campus community
Free and Thrift Store Manual
- Finding and securing a space for your store
- Managing donations, storage, and customer service
- Organizing and prepping donations for store-front setup
- Bookkeeping and record tracking of profits, inventory, and diversion rates
Manual Para Un Campus Sin Plástico
- Consejos para la rotación de liderazgo, como trabajar con la administración y como facilitar la colaboración en todo el campus.
- Consejos para comprender el uso de plásticos desechables de un solo uso: dónde encontrarlo, por qué es importante y con quién hablar para hacer un cambio.
- Alternativas a los plásticos desechables de un solo uso, desde el concepto de reutilización hasta productos compostables.
- Creando un movimiento que se mantendrá después de graduarse
- Building a team to lead your Move out program
- Various types of collection systems for donations
- Community partnerships for donations
- Prepping for and executing a Sale
Plastic Free Campus Manual
- Organizing advice for leadership turnover, working with administration, and facilitating collaboration across campus.
- Tips for understanding the use of single-use disposable plastics: where to find it, why it’s important and who to talk to about making a change.
- Tangible alternatives to single-use disposable plastics, from the concept of reuse to compostable products.
- Guidance on taking action that will be sustained long after you graduate!
Reuse for Good Manual
- Program development, staffing, and leadership structure
- Building a budget and finding funding
- Volunteer recruitment & management
- Collection models and how to run them
- Marketing, advertising, and reporting your results
To-Go Container Program Guide
Waste Audit Manual
PLAN’s Waste Audit Manual covers the basics for how to identify and assess data from waste streams on your campus. We’ve re-written the 2015 manual to emphasize the ways in which waste audits can influence campus infrastructure and call out plastic-producing corporations. This manual shows how you can go beyond simply sorting trash and use waste audits as a powerful tool to advocate for lasting behavior change on campus.
Zero Waste Events Guide
- Marketing for a zero waste event
- “Trash Talker” volunteer training
- Day-of execution of a zero waste event
- Tracking data and communicating your results
Toolkits & Quick-Guides
Take our advice! Navigating campus bureaucracy can be tough. All of the systems in place on every campus can be daunting to understand and work through, but there are ways to work through the red tape! Our 2-pager toolkits and quick-guides offer advice and solutions for navigating confusing campus structures and policies. PLAN members have access to resources including How To Find Funding On Campus, Accessing Documents, PLAN Tabling Kit, and more.
This form is to request access to specific resources for those that do not have membership access. This includes students, professors, partners, and nonprofits.
NOTE: For campus affiliates before you fill out this form please: 1) see if you are a member, by checking the Member Page, 2) reach out to our campus network director about membership -which will grant you access to all of our resources *we never turn a campus away for lack of funding.
We will follow up with you when we receive your request about access and an optional donation. For any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org